Well, I figure now is as good as any to put these out there, and start acting on one of them. I have several things I wish to achieve in 2008, such as:
1) Blogging here more! I keep saying it, but I really intend to try. I’d like to be able to get in one a day, even if it’s just an update on my life, or if I see something interesting going on. I have access to this stuff via computer and cell phone, so I really have no excuse.
2) Get good grades. This is probably a universal for all school-going kids, grade or college. I didn’t do so hot in one of my classes this semester, and my work ethic in this one class has effectively destroyed another goal I had. It wasn’t a huge thing, nor will it impede my next resolution, but it would have been nice to include on a resume. I think I’ll get close to it once all is said and done, but I no longer have a chance at it.
3) Graduate. I don’t think I’ll have too much trouble here, and I’m within sight of it. I’m now on the last leg of such a journey, whose destination will arrive in May.
4) Get a full-time job. Something I want to do before #3 arrives is get a decent job. I say decent because I won’t delude myself into thinking it’ll be my dream job (I’m looking at you, History Channel). That reminds me that I need to update my resume a bit, adding on a couple things I’ve done since updating it last. I hope that my next resolution will help with this one, because I want to:
5) Connect in Vegas! Yes, for the second time in my college career, I will be going to Las Vegas for the National Association of Broadcasters convention and the Broadcast Education Association convention. They have a job fair there, and while it has not been quite up to snuff in past years, I’m hoping in 2008 is will be awesome. Besides any major companies that might be there, I hope to connect with people in general. I know it’ll come in handy down the road, so why not do it?
I’d like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and to those making them, good luck on fulfilling your New Years resolutions!